St. Mary's Convent, Ernakulam
|Parish||St.Mary's Basilica, Ernakulam|
|Address||Market Road, Ernakulam Kochi|
*The initial Convent building with 2 rooms was blessed on the Feast of Pentecost on 11th June 1916 by Bp.Mar Louis Pazheparambil.
*English Medium LP School was sanctioned on December 9th 1919.
*St.Ann's Boarding was started along with the Convent.
*St.Augustine's Balikaram for poor girls was started on 28th August 1930 by Bishop
Mar Augustine Kandathil.
*A two storeyed building was constructed for the Convent was blessed in 1931.
*Celebrated Silver Jubilee on 11th 1941.
*St.Mary's Convent Girls High School was sanctioned in 1934.
*A Nursery School was started in 1945.
*English Medium classes started in 1962.
*Carmel house as a rest house was purchased in Chowara.
*A Lower Primary School was started in Thrikkakara in 1944 and a residence of St.Mary's was also started there.
*Vimala Hostel was established along with the residence and L.P School , when the Diocese started Bharathmatha College.
*The residence was raised to a Convent - Vimala Bhavan Thrikkakara on 29th June 1980.
*Celebrated Golden Jubilee in the New Chapel on 20th February 1966.
*A Technical School was started as a mememorial of Golden Jubilee in 1970.
*Ranimatha English Medium L.P School was started on 31st May 1984 in Pookaranmukku.
*Ranimatha Convent was bifurcated from St.Mary's Convent on 27th January 1985.
*St.Alphonsa stayed in St.Mary's Convent during her treatment in Govt.Hospital, Ernakulam.
*Bl.Mother Theresa visited and stayed in St.Mary's Convent for a month every year for 17 consecutive years in order to construct a convent for Sisters of Charity at SRM Road.
*Sr.Maria Tessy the then Head Mistress of St.Mary's High School had secured the National Teachers Award in 1987.
*An open Air Auditorium was built up in 1995.
*Celebrated Platinum Jubilee in 1991.
*St.Mary's Higher Secondary School was built up in the School premises and was sanctioned (Aided) in 2000 with Science, Computer and Commerce batches.