St.Joseph's Convent, Edanad
|Address||St.Joseph's convent Edanad, Sreemoolanagaram P.O Ekm Dt|
Cardinal Mar Augustin Kandathil, had a great desire to design a Carmelite convent in Edanadu. During that time, one of the parishner, Puthusery Mathai yachan aooroached the bishop and offered his 'bangalvu' and its related properties. He informed to Rev. Sr. Mariangela, who was the superior general, about this land.By the grace of God we too had great desire to buy that property. Finally in 1940 April 14th Msgr. George Valiyaparambath blessed the convent in the name of St. Joseph. Since that day onwards sisters have been staying here. The first members were Sr. Julthruth (Mother Superior), Mother Sr. Angela, Sr. Attracta, Sr. Mary Treesa, Sr. Bulbeena.
On 1942 onwards, the Blessed Sacrament has been keeping here. In 1971, we opened a nursery for the children. In 1974, we started the renovation of the convent under the guidance of Rev.Fr. Antony Puthusery &mother Provincial Sr.Borromeo, finally in 1975 the renovated convent, blessed by Cardinal Mar. Joseph Parekattil.
Now Also we are trying to keep up the spirit of the initial members of the convent. Along with the vicar, we are giving guidance for family unit, catechism, C.L.C., Holy childhood, Women Welfare. Now 10 members are here. Sr.loyola is the present local superior.