Apostolate of Christian Formation
CMC is founded mainly for the Christian formation of people, especially of women and children. Through Christian formation CMClead the people of God to the meaning of the gift of faith received through baptism and to the infinite riches of the mystery of salvation of Christ enabling them to worship God the Father in spirit and truth. To enthrone Jesus in the hearts of everyone is the core of it. CMC is to enlighten the laity in their apostolic responsibility and help them to carry it out with genuine zeal and love for Christ, so that Christian transformation of the whole world may be achieved through them.
Proclamation of the Word
Proclaim the Gospel to all generations (cf. Mt 28:19) is a mission of the Church that cannot be substituted by any other. No Christian or institution in the Church can be exempted from this most important responsibility of proclaiming the Gospel. CMCs are consecrated, remaining united with the teaching authority of the Church, have to lead the people of God to true faith in the light of the Gospels.
The Church entrusts a special mission to the consecrated persons in teaching catechism. Through Catechesis we should lead the people to the fullness of life and to the experience of Jesus Christ that helps them to proclaim, “we have seen the Lord” (Jn 1:41).
Our parish apostolate is the pastoral service we render in collaboration with the parish priest in various parish activities. We should be able to lead the people of God to Jesus Christ,by giving leadership in prayer, teaching catechism, cooperating with the liturgical services and activities of pious associations.
Our founder St Kuriakose Elias Chavara set an indelible seal in the field of family apostolate by his advice called “Last Instructions of a Good Father” which reveals the true nature of a Christian family known as the “domestic Church.”106 In the family renewal programme, he introduced family prayer, retreats in parishes and devotion to the Bl. Mother. Following his example, we should try to lead all the families to Jesus the hope of humanity and the answer to all problems.
CMC Faith formation includes mainly :
1. The faith formation of all specially of women and children
2. Direct evangelization: Central evangelization Team(CTE) are active as full timers in this field
3. CMC Media Cell for evangelization: the main objective of this is to provide a platform for media evangelization It is in the beginning stage now.
4. Effective Family Apostolate: giving 3 months course as the preparation of Family Apostolate
5. Effective Catechism
6. Christeen groups for evangelization of children and teens
7. Parish Apostolate
8. Leadership for Prayer groups, organizations in the parishes, and other initiatives of the parishes.